Thanks to the Goldhirsh Foundation’s My LA2050 Grants Challenge to make Los Angeles the best place to play, Grand Park is piloting the installation of a permanent shade structure featuring the design of a local artist at The Park for Everyone in Downtown Los Angeles.
Over 50 submissions were received from L.A. artists. Now it’s time to help the selection committee decide on which of the three final designs will be piloted this summer.
- The theme of the design should reflect the park and its role in civic life in Los Angeles County
- The shade will be installed in Olive Court – the gathering area between the fountain and the Performance Lawn
- The inaugural design will be featured in the space for 2 years
- The selected artist will receive a commission of $15,000
- Voting has ended as of March 25, 2016